ALK Technologies launched its CoPilot Truck GPS mobile navigation app. The app is available as a free download for 14 days on the Google Play Store for Android-based smartphones and tablets, ALK said.
“We’re pleased to provide a cost effective solution that can help independents and small fleet owner operators stay safe and compliant on the road,” said Bill Nimchuk, senior product manager, ALK Technologies. “CoPilot Truck GPS enables drivers to avoid unnecessary expenses such as fines and the resultant hit to their CSA score which can have a negative effect on their overall business and income.”
According to the company, CoPilot Truck GPS includes a 14 day trial of:
- Industry Standard PCMILER Routing: CoPilot Truck GPS uses PCMILER routing to calculate a route based on vehicle size/class and the load, including Hazmat, to ensure drivers stay safe and compliant to regulations above all else.
- Route Planning: Plan or modify routes with CoPilot Truck GPS’s trip optimization feature, which optimizes up to 50 stops. Also, the app comes with offline points of interest, including truck services, rest areas and diesel fuel stations.
- Offline Maps: With CoPilot Truck GPS’s offline maps, no mobile internet is needed.The maps are stored directly on the phone or tablet. Drivers don’t have to worry about incurring high data costs or losing guidance in spotty coverage.
Other features included:
- Directions-only guidance view and Motion Lock to minimize driver distraction in the cab
- Ability to drag any route to fully customize the exact trip itinerary needed
- Lane guidance with real road signage to safely maneuver lane changes well in advance
- Real-time ActiveTraffic service, to stay up-to-date with live traffic alerts
- Posted speed limit display plus audio and visual alerts notifying the driver when they’ve exceeded the limit