Navistar announced that its International WorkStar vocational trucks will be available with the company’s 13L MaxxForce engine with selective catalytic reduction (SCR) emissions technology.
It is the fourth International heavy-duty model to switch to SCR since Navistar announced it would install the aftertreatment technology in its vehicles.
“With the launch of the WorkStar with our 13L SCR engine, we continue to make great progress in our engine transition strategy and customers are benefitting from our expanded product line-up,” said Bill Kozek, president North America Truck and Parts, Navistar. “We’re well positioned to continue our positive momentum and we are on schedule to complete the SCR transition in our remaining heavy-duty truck offerings by early August.”
Navistar offers its ProStar and now the WorkStar with the MaxxForce 13L with SCR while the ProStar, PayStar 5900 set-back axle and 9900i are all available with the Cummins ISX15 engine. The MaxxForce 13L will be available on additional models according to a schedule determined by volume and customer demand, Navistar said.
The WorkStar is available in the 7600 SBA (46-in. set-back axle) and 7600 SFA (30-in. set-forward axle) variations, both with a 113-in. bumper to back-of-cab dimension.
Additional features include:
- Available high-visibility hood where front-end power take-off (FEPTO) is not required
- Available 4x2, 6x4 and 8x6 axle configurations
- Available from 365 hp., 1,250 lbs.-ft. of torque up to 475 hp., 1,700 lbs-.ft. of torque
- Huck-bolted frame and crossmember system with a number of frame-rail options for maximum durability
- Diamond Logic electrical system for greater reliability, improved productivity and lower maintenance costs
- Double-sided, galvanized steel cab for maximum durability
- Dual-powered steering gears and large front axle for excellent maneuverability
- Wrap-around panoramic windshield for best-in-class visibility where FEPTO is not required
- Optional Eagle interior with premium rosewood dashboard and easy-to-read ivory gauges or chrome bezel black gauges on instrument panel
- Easy-to-clean vocational floor mats and vinyl interior panels throughout the cab to improve durability
“With the launch of the WorkStar with our own SCR-based 13L engine, we continue to focus on meeting the needs of vocational customers by delivering innovative, best-in-class products for a wide range of severe applications,” added Kozek. “With great products, an extensive dealer network, and superior after-sales support, our International Truck severe service lineup continues to deliver for our customers.”