The Donaldson Co., through its Clean Solutions division, has introduced a new diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) filter designed to improve the quality of DEF.
The filter removes particulate matter and prevents plugging of dosing valves on SCR systems, the company said.
“Today’s SCR systems require clean DEF for precise dosing and complete atomization to occur,” said Scott Grossbauer, Global Director – Donaldson Clean Fuel & Lubricant Solutions.
“Without clean DEF, the SCR cannot do its job of transforming NOx (the oxides of nitrogen in exhaust) into harmless nitrogen and water," he added. "And, if DEF is not filtered, urea crystals and other contaminants picked up during storage and handling can cause the SCR system to malfunction, possibly resulting in system failure.”
Features of the filter include:
- High efficiency filtration of 1 micron at beta 5000
- Heavy duty, fully compatible stainless steel material construction—inside and out
- Precise high-tech internal seal to prevent contamination on clean side
- High maximum working pressure of 300 psi
- Integrated gauge/sample ports