Kenworth Truck Co. is adding 50 stops to its T680 Road Tour, which will continue through October, visiting 30 states and four Canadian provinces.
Kenworth is promoting its new T680 tractor with the national tour. Introduced at the Mid-America Trucking Show in March, the T680 is available with a 76-in. sleeper or as a day cab. It comes standard with a 12.9L Paccar MX engine.
“The popular Kenworth T680 Road Tour hosted more than 3,000 customers during its initial 15 visits to Kenworth dealerships throughout the United States and Canada,” said Erik Johnson, Kenworth on-highway marketing manager. “The tour gives customers the chance to experience the T680, which sets a new industry standard of excellence with its superior fuel efficiency, outstanding performance, exceptional styling and extraordinary driver comfort.”
The Road Tour features an interactive, self-guided tour in the Kenworth T680 Tour Trailer. The double-expanding, 53-ft. trailer has nearly 1,000 sq.-ft. of exhibit space. Visitors can watch a video on the building of the T680. Inside are displays featuring aerodynamics, a full day cab, the new sleeper, seats, trim levels and interior color options, robust effortless-closing doors, headlamp system, and test the new air-assisted hydraulic clutch’s ease of operation.
To follow the tour online, Kenworth sales training manager Peter Arrigoni is maintaining a blog, sharing his thoughts and photos of each event.
The upcoming schedule:
- July 6: Pape Kenworth – Fresno / Fresno, Calif.
- July 9: NorCal Kenworth – Sacramento / Sacramento, Calif.
- July 11: Pape Kenworth – Portland / Portland, Ore.
- July 13: Kenworth Northwest – SeaTac / SeaTac, Wash.
- July 16: Inland Kenworth – Langley / Langley, B.C.
- July 20: GreatWest Kenworth / Calgary, Alberta
- July 23: Custom Truck Sales – Saskatoon / Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- July 26: Custom Truck Sales – Winnipeg / Winnipeg, Manitoba
- July 30: Wallwork Kenworth – Fargo / Fargo, N.D.
- Aug. 1: Sioux Falls Kenworth / Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Aug. 3: Kenworth Mid-Iowa / Des Moines, Iowa
- Aug. 6: CIT Kenworth Chicago – Mokena / Mokena, Ill.
- Aug. 8: Michigan Kenworth / Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Aug. 10: Eastern Michigan Kenworth – Dearborn / Dearborn, Mich.
- Aug. 13: CIT Kenworth of Southern Illinois / Troy, Ill.
- Aug. 16: Performance Kenworth – Cleveland / Cleveland, Texas
- Aug. 21: Kenworth of South Texas / Pharr, Texas
- Aug. 24: Wichita Kenworth / Wichita, Kan.
- Aug. 27: MHC Kenworth – Little Rock / Little Rock, Ark.
- Aug. 30: MHC Kenworth - Springfield / Springfield, Mo.
- Aug. 31: Kenworth of Saint Louis / Fenton, Mo.
- Sept. 4: MHC Kenworth - Tulsa / Tulsa, Okla.
- Sept. 6: Worldwide Equipment – Lexington / Lexington, Ky.
- Sept. 8: Truck Enterprises – Harrisonburg / Harrisonburg, Va.
- Sept. 10: Kenworth of Southern New Jersey / Swedesboro, N.J.
- Sept. 12: Tri-State Kenworth - Enfield / Enfield, Conn.
- Sept. 15: U.S. Diesel Truckin’ Nationals / Englishtown, N.J.
- Sept. 17: C-B Kenworth - Bangor / Portland, Maine
- Sept. 19: Kenworth of Buffalo – Syracuse / Syracuse, N.Y.
- Sept. 21: Truck Enterprises – Richmond / Richmond, Va.
- Sept. 24-25: Cooper Kenworth - Greensboro / Greensboro, N.C.
- Sept. 26: Worldwide Kenworth of South Carolina / Columbia, S.C.
- Sept. 28: Kenworth of Jacksonville / Jacksonville, Fla.
- Oct. 1: Kenworth of South Florida / Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Oct. 3: Kenworth of Central Florida - Tampa / Tampa, Fla.
- Oct. 5: TransPower - Albany / Albany, Ga.
- Oct. 8: Truckworx Kenworth - Mississippi / Richland, Miss.
- Oct. 9: Kenworth of South Louisiana - Harahan / Harahan, La.
- Oct. 11: MHC Kenworth - Memphis / Memphis, Tenn.
- Oct. 16: Kenworth Sales Company - Salt Lake City / West Valley City, Utah
- Oct. 18: Kenworth Sales - Boise / Boise, Idaho
- Oct. 22: Motor Power Equipment - Billings / Billings, Mont.
- Oct. 24: Kenworth Sales - Spokane / Spokane, Wash.