Vanguard National Trailer Corp. has rolled out its new VXP composite plate trailer. Composite plate sidewalls, pointed out Robert Taylor, director of trailer sales, provide maximum cube and inside width. He said the VXP’s sidewall panels sandwich a HDPE foamed plastic core between two galvanized steel cover sheets to provide strength and durability against abrasion and damage. Rust preventive primer and polyester finish coats are baked on the cover sheets for longevity, he added.
If damaged, the composite panels may be removed and replaced without affecting adjacent panels. No special shop tools are required. In addition to Vanguard’s standard trailer warranty, the composite side panels carry a ten-year warranty.
The composite plates are joined by unique steel posts paired with galvanized internal posts with log slots, said Taylor. “The smooth, rounded rivet heads provide a snag-free interior sidewall and these inside posts on 48-in. centers provide vertical logistic availability the full length of the trailer.”
Taylor said Vanguard has included many premium specs as standard on the VXP including:
- Galvanized rear frame, including gussets.
- Galvanized rear underride guard (bolted on for easy replacement).
- Galvanized threshold plate to protect rear floor from fork trucks
- Galvanized front apron on upper coupler.
- Galvanized one-piece front understructure
- Galvanized air/electrical channel full length on each side.
- Galvanized logistic posts and bonded roof bows.
- Galvanized steel internal bulkhead.
- Galvanized five-post front wall construction.
- One-piece, extruded aluminum top front rail.
- All LED Lights, both California and Canada Legal.
For more information, go to www.vanguardtrailer.com.