The Hutch 9800 Series of heavy-duty trailer slider systems offers a multitude of options and models to suit most needs, according to company officials.
The system, which offers eight models in the line, fits the requirements for a standard 49 in. tandem axle or a widespread axle application. With subframe heights from 8.5 to 10.5 in. deep, the system provides a wide variety of mounting heights and weight capacities up to 25,000 lbs. per axle when used with the Hutch 9700 Series suspension.
Each model comes standard with the EZ-Pull pin release system with an optional Hutch P3 air-actuated system available. The models cover a range of widths and body rail lengths up to 328 in.
Among the benefits of the 9800 series according to Hutchens are:
- Full-length slider pads made from UHMW material
- Symmetrical crossmembers for more uniform stress distribution
- Side rails made from high-strength, low-alloy steel
- “Slot welding” that keeps the edges of the side rails and crossmembers weld-free
- Pre-punched holes for easy air line access
- Spring loaded, forged 1 5/8 in. lock pins to ensure secure slider placement
- High-strength hold down clips front and rear to help ensure slider retention and control during repositioning
- Various axle configurations with single, 2, 3, 6, 7 or 8 leaf springs for wide variety of options
- Low-profile body rails in material thickness of .232 in. or .275 in.
- Holes punched in 4 in. increments for precise variations in vehicle weight distribution