Phillips Industries has added a new sealing component to its Permaplug product. The addition creates the Weather-Tite Permaplug and is expected to extend the life of the component.
The new addition is a thick rubberized protective seal with a 3-blade Nitrile wiper seal to lock out elements and corrosion-causing chemicals.
“Damage can be costly from unscheduled downtime, interruption in electrical power and even potential electrical arcing caused by moisture and contaminates in the socket. We felt a real need to improve this connection for safety as well as the longevity of the product. Connectors with the new Weather-Tite seal keep contaminants from damaging the electrical system,” said Bob Phillips, CEO & president.
Features of the new system include:
- Blue nitrile sealing rings that stop magnesium chloride and other debris from entering socket
- Mates with any SAE approved 7-way conductor socket
- Wiper seals are field replaceable
- Connector rear is sealed with compression clamp and TPR sleeve for further corrosion protection
- Cable guard is ratchet locked preventing vibration from loosening guard
- Connector has ABS bumper
- 26 gauge brass insert pins have stainless steel compression springs
- Standard with dielectric grease