Todco, Transportation Division of Overhead Door Corporation, introduces WeatherTite Pro, the next-generation weather-resistant roll-up door for trailer and truck body applications.
“WeatherTite Pro improves upon the proven Todco WeatherTite door that eliminated the problems of swelling, warping, finish delamination and rotting experienced with wood roll-up doors when it was introduced 15 years ago,” the company said. “WeatherTite Pro takes these benefits to a new level, utilizing 100 percent recyclable and highly engineered co-polymer panels that dramatically reduce weight and improve heat tolerance.”
According to the company, a WeatherTite Pro panel weighs 25 percent less than standard WeatherTite panels and 37 percent less than ¾”wood and ¼” plate-style panels. The lighter door weight will also allow the option of installing a long-life counterbalance spring that reduces downtime and maintenance costs, the company added.
According to the company, additional features of WeatherTite Pro include:
- Improved impact resistance
- Smooth panel surface – Allows for an automotive quality paint finish and excellent decal adhesion
- Automotive grade UV stability and finish color
- Anti-Pinch Panel Joint – Eliminates pinch point at panel joint to improve safety and reduce injuries and workmen’s compensation costs
- Anti-Drip Design – Prevents water from the exterior of the door from dripping between panels onto cargo when in operation and moving through the radius
- Interchangeable with current WeatherTite panels
- Available with 1” or 2” track and rollers
- 10-year limited warranty
The WeatherTite Pro roll-up door was previewed at this year’s NTEA Work Truck Show, ATA’s Technology and Maintenance Council Annual Meeting and Transportation Technology Exhibition, and Truck World in Canada.