A tour of Volvo Truck's NRV plant

Volvo Truck's New River Valley or "NRV" truck plant in Dublin, Va., is currently the OEM's largest assembly plant within its global enterprise. Encompassing 1.6 million square feet, the plant employs 2,750 workers and can produce anywhere from 130 to 150 trucks per day. On top of that it's a completely "waste free" facility, with 87% of its waste fully recycled with the remaining 13% sent to a waste-to-energy plant in Alexandria, Va., where it is burned to make make electricity.

TAGS: News
Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish