Tom Brown, president of Brown NationaLease, Des Moines, IA, has been elected chairman of the Truck Renting and Leasing Assn. (TRALA).
“Over the coming year I look forward to continuing to work with the TRALA leadership and staff to help keep this association running smoothly. I will continue to ensure that the core mission of TRALA – government advocacy – remains the focus of the organization,” said Brown during his acceptance speech.
Brown will work with Steve Lawrence, CEO of Lawrence Leasing, Red Wing, MN, who was elected vice chairman, and Scott Anderson, senior vice president of Rush Enterprises, New Braunfels, TX, who was elected secretary.
Also, Kevin Coughlin, manager of leasing products for Daimler Trucks North America, Portland, OR, was elected treasurer and Terence Dubowick, national account manager of Mack Leasing/Volvo Truck Leasing System, Rural Hall, NC, was elected immediate past chairman.
“Prior to being elected Chairman of TRALA, Tom was already recognized as a strong leader within our industry - demonstrated through both his personal business success and commitment to industry-wide priorities. In this renewed leadership capacity, he is well positioned to affect the critical issues that will impact our industry in the future,” said TRALA president & CEO Tom James.
The following members were elected to the association’s board of directors for a new 2012-2015 term:
- Tom Bylenga, president of Star Truck Rentals, Grand Rapids, MI.
- Kevin Coughlin, manager of Leasing Products of Daimler Trucks North America, Portland, OR.
- Paul DeCarolis, chairman of DeCarolis Truck Rental, Inc., Rochester, NY.
- Bill Hicks, executive vice president of Salem NationaLease, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Mark Igyarto, vice president of Truck Lease Chicago, Summit, IL.
- Steve Lawrence, chief executive officer of Lawrence Leasing, Red Wing, MN.
- Mike Lewis, senior vice president and general manager of equipment leasing of Donlen, Northbrook, IL.
- Gregory Swienton, chairman and chief executive officer of Ryder System, Inc., Miami, Florida.
- J.T. Taylor, president of U-Haul International, Phoenix, AZ.
The following members were appointed to the board of directors to serve one-year terms for 2012-2013:
- Terry Dubowick, national account manager of the Mack Leasing System/Volvo Truck Leasing System, Rural Hall, NC.
- Dan Murphy, president & CEO, Idealease, Inc., North Barrington, IL.
- Neil Vohnamme, president of PACCAR Leasing Company, Bellevue, WA.
- Mike Breeden, executive director of Cummins Inc., Columbus, IN.
- Greg DiMarco, senior director, Business Development for Dana Holding Corporation, Van Buren Township, MI.
- Jim Hebe, senior vice president, North American Sales Operations for Navistar Inc., Warrenville, IL.
- Jack McQuaid, manager, strategic accounts for Bridgestone Commercial Solutions, Sarasota, FL.