Webasto Thermo & Comfort North America has developed a new HVAC system for the custom luxury Ford Transit.
Webasto’s Ibiza system is a vertical air conditioning unit with heating option with over 31,000 Btu/h cooling capacity, and over 41,000 Btu/h of heating performance. Because of the Ibiza’s flexibility and ease of installation, it integrated perfectly into the luxury Transit’s custom interior.
Webasto and Waldoch worked together to customize the HVAC system.
“This is an important partnership for Webasto to really understand the needs of upfitters in terms of vehicle integration practices, installation costs and balance of product features that are desired,” said Webasto Thermo & Comfort President and CEO Rolf Haag. “The system’s low maintenance, high reliability and optimum climate control performance is achieved at a competitive price for the end user.”
The customized long-wheelbase, medium-roof Ford Transit by Waldoch, dubbed the “Designed Travel Transit,” features:
- Forgiato 20 in. 3-piece wheels
- Pirelli 265/50/R20 wheels
- Waldoch Crafts exterior paint
- Go Power roof mounted solar panel
- 3dCarbon/Air Design front bumper light bezels
- Chairmen Seating Inc., (6) bucket seats, (1) rear sofa
- Fabric Services Inc. leather interior coverings
- Solid real hickory wood flooring
The “Design Travel Transit” will be on display at the NADA Convention & Expo on Jan.y 22-25, 2015. It will then make stops around the country on a nationwide tour throughout 2015.