National trailer leasing firm XTRA Lease said its placed orders some 6,000 new trailers for 2016 across a wide range of models, from dry vans and flatbeds to refrigerated to liftgate-equipped units.
The company said those new trailers will be distributed throughout its network of 50-plus rental locations as the year progresses.
Specific XTRA Lease trailer model purchases for 2016 include:
- 53-, 48- and 57-ft. dry vans
- 53-, 48- and 28-ft. dry vans equipped with liftgates
- 53-ft. auto-drop vans
- 53- and 48-ft. refrigerated trailers
- 53-ft. spread-axle straight frame and single-drop flatbeds
- 48-ft. tandem slider, spread-axle and single-drop flatbeds
- 20/40-ft. tridem chassis and 20-foot tridem extendable chassis.
All 53- and 57-ft. vans and reefers will come equipped with side skirts, low-rolling resistance tires and trailer tracking units to help fleets improve utilization and costs, XTRA Lease added.
The company added that nearly 70% of its over-the-road trailer fleet is now 2012 model year and newer; the result of buying 40,000 various trailer types over the last few years.