Yokohama Tire Corp. recently added four new sizes to its 104ZR line of urban/regional all-position/steer tire line-up: the 225/70R19.5, 245/70R19.5, 265/70R19.5 and 285/70R19.5.
“The 104ZR is a true workhorse that’s designed to deliver longer tread wear, low rolling resistance and even wear, making it especially ideal for high scrub applications,” noted Tom Clauer, Yokohama’s manager of commercial and OTR product planning, in a statement.
He added that the 104ZR still retains its original sizes as well: 295/80R22.5, 9R22.5, 10R22.5, 11R22.5 12R22.5 and 315/80R22.5.
Clauer went on to emphasize that the 104ZR tire line is designed to provide several key benefits to truck owners:
- A five-rib, full-depth tread pattern to help deliver a smoother and quieter ride.
- The use of Yokohama’s unique “serpentine” groove pattern to reduce premature shoulder step-down and irregular wear, further preserving overall tread life.
- The incorporation of Yokohama’s Zenvironment technology that accurately predicts casing growth and stabilizes performance over the life of the tire; resulting in longer casing life and better retreadability.
- Improved fuel economy via the use of stronger and more pliable compounds that improve tread wear and reduce rolling resistance.
- The use of block-shaped stone defense ribs to prevent stones from traveling to the bottom of the grooves, reducing casing damage by up to 25%, again ensuring greater durability and retreadability.
- Use of an ultra-wide top steel belt to increase rigidity across the entire tread surface for enhanced tire durability and to avoid casing damage.