The American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI) has announced the 2015-2016 Research Advisory Committee (RAC) members. The members are appointed by the ATRI board of directors.
Among other activities, the RAC is responsible for identifying the top research priorities for the trucking industry. RAC members represent a diverse cross-section of trucking industry stakeholders including motor carriers, industry suppliers, commercial drivers, shippers, law enforcement, academia and government, ATRI said.
“The RAC serves a critical role in developing and prioritizing research proposals that address the trucking industry’s top issues. We applaud those appointed by the board to serve in this important role and we look forward to working with them,” said Rebecca Brewster, ATRI president and COO.
Steve Niswander, vice president of safety policy & regulatory relations for Groendyke Transport was appointed to a second term as chairman of the RAC. New RAC members appointed for the 2015-2016 term are:
- Doug Bennett, Director, Operations & Business development, U.S. AutoLogistics, L.L.C.
- Amy Boerger, Executive Director, NA Engine Business, Cummins Inc.
- Michael Bray, Sr., Mgr., Business Development, Omnitracs LLC
- Louis Campion, President, Maryland Motor Truck Association, Inc.
- Dennis Dellinger,President, Cargo Transporters
- Duke Drinkard, Energy Manager, Southeastern Freight Lines
- Paul J. Enos, Chief Executive Officer, Nevada Trucking Association
- Sherri Garner Brumbaugh, President/CEO, Garner Transportation Group
- David W. Guess, Vice President of Safety and HR, Usher Transport, Inc.
- Kevin X. Jones, Vice President, Inbound Transportation, Wal-mart Corporation
- Shannon Lively, Vice President – Planning and Engineering, ABF Freight System, Inc.
- Michelle D. Livingstone, Vice President - Transportation, The Home Depot
- Vladimir Livshits, Ph.D., System Analysis Program Manager, Maricopa Association of Governments
- Brenda Neville, President, Iowa Motor Truck Association, Inc.
- David L. Palmer, Major, Texas Highway Patrol Division, Texas Department of Public Safety
- Jonathan R. Peters, PhD, Professor of Finance, CSI School of Business, College of Staten Island - The City University of New York
- Karen Rasmussen, President and CEO, HELP Inc.
- Barbara Robinson, Director, American Truck Dealers (ATD)
- Wellington F. Roemer, III, President and CEO, Wellington F. Roemer Insurance, Inc.
- Steve Rogers, Vice President, Truckload Operations, J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc.
- Andrea Sequin, Director, Regulatory Services, Schneider National, Inc.
- Brandon Shafer, Director of Health and Safety, UPS Freight
- Ronald Uriah, Vice President of Risk Management, Compliance and Government Affairs, Pitt-Ohio, LLC
- Rusty Weiss, Director, External Research, Lytx – DriveCam
- Geoffrey Wood, Vice President, Operations and Safety, Canadian Trucking Alliance
Current RAC members who were reappointed to an additional two-year term on the RAC are:
- Andrew Boyle, Executive VP and CFO, Boyle Transportation
- Randy Boyles, Senior Vice President, Tailored Solutions, PeopleNet
- Cheryl Bynum, Manager, SmartWay Transport Partnership, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Michael Conyngham, Director of Research, International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- Chad England, Chief Executive Officer, C.R. England, Inc.
- Sanford Hodes, Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Ryder System, Inc.
- Barbara Ivanov, Director, Freight Systems, Washington State Department of Transportation
- (Environmental & Engineering Programs Design Office)
- Chris McLoughlin, Cargo Risk Manager, C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
- Scott A. Mugno, Vice President, Safety and Maintenance, FedEx Ground
- Dean Newell, Vice President, Safety, Maverick USA, Inc.
- Brett A. Sant, VP, Safety and Risk Management, Knight Transportation, Inc.
- Keith Tuttle, President, Motor Carrier Service, Inc.
- Tom Weakley, Director of Operations, Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association Foundation