Here’s a look at what’s trending in trucking today.
- Ford is getting challenged as GMC, Toyota and Ram look to close the gap, reports the Los Angeles Times.
- CNBC quotes ATA’s Bob Costello as it looks into why there are fewer truckers than jobs.
- Trucks crashing into bridges make for good viral videos. But it’s a real problem in some areas of the country. In New York, the railroads are saying it’s not our problem. The Democrat & Chronicle explains.
- Deadline.com writes that the local Teamsters union cooked up some harassment for Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi after TV network Bravo used non-union members during a Boston shoot.
- An oversized load measuring 21 ft. wide and 16 ft. high is winding its way through Great Falls, MT. KRTV in Montana has pictures of this load and details on where it’s heading.
- The Silverado is going old-school as Chevrolet rolls out a “Rally” model, according to USA Today.
- Turtles may be slow, but they are determined little creatures. Celebuzz has a video of a cute turtle’s attempt to catch a remote-controlled truck in today’s viral animal video.