Here is a look at what is trending today in the world of trucking.
- In the case of yet another attempted armored truck robbery, a shootout leaves one would-be thief dead and unanswered questions about the motives behind the attempted heist, notes the Oakland Press.
- The Courier-Journal reports on a town and motor carrier at loggerheads over a truck parking lot.
- A local college is finding its truck driver course graduates are in high demand, according to the Rockford Register Star.
- The city of Tampa Bay merges its storm water control and transportation departments to help speed up roadway reports, according to Tampa’s News 10.
- Delmarva Now reports on a state-wide tour by Delaware Sen. Tom Carper to highlight critical transportation funding issues.
- Fortune magazine reports that high-end electric vehicle maker Telsa plans to build an electric vehicle recharging network in China via a partnership with China’s second-largest mobile phone company.
- The U.S. economy expanded at a faster that previously reported pace in the second quarter, with gross domestic product (GDP) jumping 4.5% compared to the previous 4% estimate, notes the Associated Press and ABC News.