Professional truck drivers will have the opportunity to workout and receive free tools to help them on the road to better health as the 2012 Rolling Strong Driver Wellness Tour kicks off at nine Pilot Flying J locations beginning April 18, 2012. It will continue through Dec. 12, 2012.
The Rolling Strong program is designed to help trucking companies and their drivers develop a wellness program suited to life on the road.
“Rolling Strong is here to help trucking companies of any size begin a wellness program designed for their driver’s needs and their unique workplace out there on the road. We have a proven program that is effective in helping companies reduce their driver’s biometric results (high blood pressure, BMI, sugar and weight). The program is built around driver advocacy and the need to help educate them on the benefits of wellness,” said Bob Perry, president of Rolling Strong.
Perry, known as the “Trucker Trainer,” also serves as the chairman of the American Trucking Assns.’ Safety Management Council’s Health & Wellness Working Group.
The event is uniquely designed for driver visitors to the Pilot Flying J travel centers to come and learn more about wellness through a highly visible, interactive, energizing and informative program.
“As the driver-driven company, Pilot Flying J is proud to partner with Rolling Strong to bring health and wellness events to our customers onsite at our travel centers and travel plazas across the nation,” said Jimmy Haslam, CEO of Pilot Flying J. “The convenience of our customers is always a top priority at Pilot Flying J, so making these valuable tools available to professional drivers where they already stop to refuel and refresh is key.”
Each event will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will include the following activities:
- Bob Perry and Rolling Strong Trainers will be onsite to take drivers through 10-minute workouts using a truck. At each event drivers will have the chance to work out and learn more about wellness tools that are available to them where they work, on the road. Other exercises will include cardio and fitness activities using the “Trucker Trainer” Power Block set.
- All sites will have a table for healthy product samples, coupons and educational materials from Kroger Pharmacy, Bayer HealthCare and EBOOST. Drivers will have the opportunity to register to win fitness prizes.
- Kroger Pharmacies will have a wellness educator available for questions and blood pressure readings.
- One driver at each location will win a Grand Prize Wellness Package valued at $1,200. The package includes the “Trucker Trainer” Power Block Special Edition set, a Power Block bench, a six-month free membership to Snap Fitness using any nationwide locations, a $25 card to spend on Rolling Strong Nutritional Products and free monthly access to over 1,800 truck friendly healthcare clinics throughout the U.S. to receive screenings (weight, BMI, heart rate and blood pressure) valued at $300.
In addition, drivers will have the opportunity to walk with Bob Perry as he rolls a truck tire for 7 miles at each of the nine events. The roll event promotes awareness to increase the lifespan of the professional truck driver by making lifestyle changes on the road and at home. Bob will be rolling the tire 63 miles total to communicate the importance of extending the life of the professional driver. Each mile symbolizes a year of a professional driver’s life, with 62 years as the average lifespan, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Rolling Strong Tour locations are:
- April 18: Knoxville, TN – 800 Watt Road @ I-40 & I-75, Exit 369
- May 16: Carlisle, PA – 1501 Harrisburg Pike @ I-81, Exit 52/I-76, Exit 226
- June 20: Brooks, OR – 4220 Brooklake Road @ I-5, Exit 263
- July 18: Lake Station, IN – 1401 Ripley Street @ I-94, Exit 15b
- Aug. 22: Dallas, TX – 7425 Bonnie View Road @ I-20, Exit 472
- Sept. 19: Altoona, IA – 3231 Adventureland Drive @ I-80 & US 65, Exit 142
- Oct. 17: Avondale, AZ – 16189 S. Sunshine Blvd @ I-10, Exit 208A
- Nov. 14: Fort Pierce, FL – 100 North Kings Hwy @ I-95 Hwy 68, Exit 131
- Dec. 12: Hesperia, CA – 8701 Highway 395 @ I-15, Exit 141
For more information go to http://www.rollingstrong.com/challenge/