Evans Distribution Systems is establishing a new division, Government Support Services, Inc. to provide logistics support and supply chain management for government agencies and sub-contractors.
“Through this new division, Evans can leverage the knowledge and expertise developed over almost 85 years supporting the commercial sector to bring high-quality solutions to the government sector,” said John A. Evans, president of Evans Distribution Systems. “This is an area where we feel our experience can be a tremendous asset. We are looking forward to collaborating with government agencies over the coming years.”
Evans has contracted the services of Stackpoole Consulting, a Michigan-based company specializing in defense and government contracting, to support this initiative.
Support for government and defense logistics will include the following services:
- Logistics planning services
- Dedicated warehouse operations
- Facility management
- Inventory planning, management & visibility
- MRO support & management
- Transportation management services
- Fleet planning & operation
- Carrier management & routing
- Reverse logistics
- Logistics re-engineering & consultation support
- Returnable container management
- Packing & crating
- Packaging, kitting & labeling
- Logistics staffing support
Evans Distribution Systems, headquartered in Southeast Michigan, is a full-service, third-party logistics provider offering warehousing, transportation, contract packaging and logistics staffing services to the manufacturing, food and beverage, consumer goods, and chemical industries.