Here is a look at what is happening today in the world of transportation:
- Amazon’s delivery drone plans may have taken a hit with the proposed FAA rules on commercial drone usage, says Retail Dive.
- The Chevy Colorado has been met with such great enthusiasm, GM is adding a third shift at its Wentzville, MO, plant to keep up with demand, says Green Car Reports.
- With all the winter weather that has hit the country this year, the Daily Journal Online decided to see what the life of a plow driver is really like.
- A new ad from Ford touting the F-150’s fuel economy notes its use of aluminum, which the Atlanta Business Chronicle says is provided by an Atlanta-based supplier.
- Pittsburgh is adding biodiesel fuel systems to 20 trucks in the Dept. of Public Works, says the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- A new bill being proposed in Pennsylvania would fine truck drivers as much as $75 if they don’t clear snow and ice from their vehicles, says Fox 43.
- North Carolina police have arrested a woman accused of robbing truck drivers are area rest stops, reports WNCN.
- A security loophole at airports is allowing commercial vehicles and their drivers onto airport tarmacs without going through proper screening. KVVU-TV in Las Vegas has the story.