Here is a look at what is happening in the world of transportation this morning:
- Natural gas offers economic and energy security benefits as a fuel for trucking fleets, notes Phys Org, yet more analysis is needed on the long-term impact on the environment from such a switch.
- Motor carriers are trying to get more millennials to take up the trucking driving career, reports Arkansas Online.
- The Michigan state police are looking to trucking companies for help in fighting human trafficking, according to Michigan Radio.
- A sinkhole in New Jersey swallows up a snow plow truck, notes NJ.com.
- Neptune Orient Lines is selling its logistics arm for $1.2 billion, reports The Wall Street Journal.
- Acquisitions are fueling big revenue growth for XPO Logistics, according to Furniture Today, but also accelerating near-term losses.
- Connecticut’s Governor wants $100 billion for transportation needs over the next 30 years, according to The Hartford Courant, and wants to spend most of it on roads and bridges.
- PC Pro digs into rumors that Apple is building an electric vehicle called the “iCar.”