There is plenty of talk about the driver shortage these days, but it can be tougher to find actionable ideas for how to make things better. In a special free webinar this Thursday, Gordon Klemp CEO of the National Transportation Institute (NTI) and Leah Shaver, vice president sales and marketing for NTI, will share insights and information about the driver shortage and ways out of the problem.
For nearly two decades, NTI has conducted research and provided mission-critical information to carriers in a number of regularly issued reports including the National Driver Wages Survey, the Private Fleet Survey, the Carrier Benefits Survey and many others. Their client list reads like a who’s who for the industry and their reports are used by fleets, analysts and universities across the country.
What Klemp and Shaver have to say may surprise you, but whether your fleet is large or small, technology rich or technology constrained, odds are you’ll find the information both interesting and extremely useful, including:
- How drivers and prospective drivers are disappearing into the “underground economy” and why
- What drivers really want from carriers
- What driver applicant tracking can do for driver retention
- The role of the dispatcher in driver retention
- Technologies and techniques to help reduce turnover