The Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America) Board of Directors has accepted the resignation of ITS America president and CEO Regina Hopper, effective July 31, 2017. David St. Amant, affiliate principal of CAVita, will assume responsibilities on an interim basis as the board begins an executive search for a new president and CEO.
"There are few innovations garnering more attention, and that have greater potential to transform our lives, than intelligent and transformational transportation technologies," said Hopper. "I am proud of the work we have accomplished in positioning ITS America to continue to lead the intelligent transportation discussion, and I look forward in my next role to supporting the next generation of safe, equitable, sustainable, efficient, and productive transportation systems."
"The board of directors appreciates Regina's leadership and wishes her the best in her next role," said Chris Murray, ITS America Board Chair. "We are excited for the future of ITS America as we continue our work as the leading advocate for the modernization of our transportation system by focusing on advancing research and deployment of intelligent transportation systems.
During her two years of service, Hopper:
- Played an important role in the extensive re-visioning process among ITS America members that produced a new public policy-focused mission and public policy roadmap that was widely shared across the new administration and Congress.
- Increased outreach to non-industry members, the White House and Congress to promote ITS America's new focus on advocacy.
- Formed the association's Smart Cities Initiative to identity transportation efficiency best practices to improve mobility.
- Served as a resource for media and other stakeholders through proactive print, radio and TV press outreach that generated media coverage from C-SPAN, The Hill and leading industry publications.
- Advanced a dialogue around the importance of ITS deployment through speeches at legislative and policy events, and meetings of ITS America members, federal transportation agencies and transportation associations.
ITS America is an advocate for the technological modernization of our transportation system by focusing on advancing research and deployment of intelligent transportation systems.