Here is a look at what is happening in the world of transportation today:
- A columnist for the website Driving reflects on what it’s like to say goodbye to your big rig.
- The city of Calgary started locking in diesel prices for its fleet last fall and is now paying significantly more, perhaps even millions, for fuel, says the Calgary Herald.
- Engine maker Cummins had an official unveiling of its new 5L Turbo Diesel engine, that will power the 2016 Nissan Titan. WBIW reports.
- According to Ticker Report, credit rating agency Morningstar has bestowed an “A+” rating on truck maker Paccar, reflecting its solid financial situation.
- American’s love of pickups continues, while Europeans prefer crossover vehicles, says InAutoNews.
- Road closures this weekend in New Jersey will disrupt travel along Route 139, says NJ.com.
- A woman in Denver has turned a former package delivery van into a “Boutique Fashion Truck,” reports the blog Denver Westword.
- New York police are searching for two suspects this morning who are suspected of robbing six delivery trucks in Upper Manhattan and the Bronx, says CBS New York.