Here is a look at what is happening in the world of transportation today:
- One of the founders of Tesla is now focusing his efforts on creating electric garbage trucks. The Detroit Free Press has the story.
- A small-town doctor in Virginia has set up practice inside a truck stop along I-81 as a way to keep his family practice going, says the Washington Post.
- A scary tractor-trailer crash on the New Jersey Turnpike was caught on video by a driver of an oncoming car. See the viral video at Short News Network.
- Equipment World has a helpful story this morning on spec’ing work trucks to save on operating costs.
- The announcement by the U.S. that it will permit Mexican carriers seeking to operate north of the border has been cheered by the Agriculture Transportation Coalition, according to the American Journal of Transportation.
- Inside Car News takes a look at the likelihood of Hyundai’s new concept pickup ever making it to U.S. dealers.
- Research into electric vehicles is on the rise at Colorado State University, says the Collegian Central.
- Low oil prices may not last, if a former oil executive is correct in his predictions. John Hoffmeister says $5 a gallon gas is coming, according to KHOU in Texas.