MiX Telematics announced it launched MiX Journey Management, the first journey risk management solution for U.S. oil & gas companies integrated with a fleet management platform, so fleet managers can access both capabilities from a single portal.
MiX Journey Management is designed for fleet operators seeking an automated way to keep their drivers, passengers and cargo safe and secure, while reducing business risk related to journeys, the company said.
According to CDC data, motor vehicle crashes are the No. 1 cause of occupational fatalities among oil & gas companies in the U.S., accounting for more than 40% of deaths, MiX said. The company added its solution is designed to help improve safety profiles and reduce crash risk for oil & gas companies by:
- Replacing error-prone, paper-based journey management processes with automated, electronic processes.
- Applying a proven business process involving journey requests, approvals and real-time monitoring.
- Enabling fleet managers to manage journeys from start to finish online, by exception, in real time.
- Enabling fleet managers to communicate with teams in the field in real time.
- Providing the tools fleet managers need to determine which journeys are necessary, and eliminating unnecessary, potentially unsafe journeys (for instance, those over long distances or through remote areas).
- Reducing staff required to run the company’s Journey Management Center.
“Safety is paramount in the oil & gas industry, and while most people may believe extraction is the most dangerous aspect of our industry, statistics show that transportation actually poses much more risk,” said Skip Kinford, president and CEO. “MiX Journey Management addresses transportation risk directly with intuitive tools that help fleet managers make better, data-based decisions on journeys, and communicate with teams in the field in real time – all from a single fleet management portal. There’s nothing else like it currently offered in the U.S. market.”