The 2014 Fleet Purchasing Outlook from NTEA, the Association for the Work Truck Industry, is now available at no charge to NTEA members. Non-members can purchase the book for a fee.
The Outlook is based on survey results from 300 mid- to high-level management fleet professionals with decision-making authority for truck acquisitions or vehicle specifications, NTEA said. It is intended to help manufacturers and distributors navigate current market conditions with insights into fleet purchasing behavior.
Highlights from responding fleets include:
- For 46% of fleets, the average truck age is increasing
- 30% intend to increase the number of trucks in their fleets in the coming year
- More than 85% report likely-to-sure funding for planned 2014 acquisitions
- Incorporating telematics as a management tool appears to be growing in interest
“We are pleased to offer the 2014 Fleet Purchasing Outlook to help manufacturers and distributors understand the purchasing landscape as well as translate fleets’ interests and motivations,” said NTEA Executive Director Steve Carey. “This report can help companies respond and adapt to recent changes or developments in fleet buying behavior as well as capitalize on market conditions.”
At 24 pages in length, Outlook also includes information on:
- Fleet acquisition intentions for 2014
- Insights into fleet size, average truck age and truck replacement cycles
- Factors which drive purchasing behavior
- Interest levels for alternative fuels and advanced technologies
- Spec changes as a result of fuel utilization considerations
The 2014 Fleet Purchasing Outlook in hard copy or pdf free to NTEA members and is available upon request to non-members for $199. To order a copy, visit “Shop NTEA” on www.NTEA.com or call 1-800-441-6832.