Here is a look at what is happening in the world of transportation today:
- A pair of trucking companies have sued Morgantown, WV, over its downtown truck ban, according to an Associated Press article in the Cumberland Times-News.
- As the economy has slowly improved, transportation stocks have gone along for the ride, according to Investing Daily.
- A family-owned trucking firm in Sauk City, WI, has finally left the family after 60 years as the last remaining family member has sold the business, says The Eagle.
- The Times-Gazette profiles a local finalist for one of the spots on America’s Road Team. He is also the first driver ever hired by Big G Express, says the paper.
- Live Science looks at how the combination of drones and electric vehicles could make for a truly green delivery process.
- A truck slammed into a bridge on the Connecticut-New York border Tuesday, catching fire and spilling its cargo of liquid butter across the roadway, causing a major commuter route to be closed for most of the day, says CBS New York.
- KIMT News 3 digs into the myth about pickup truck tailgates and fuel mileage.