Here is a look at what is happening in the world of transportation today:
- San Diego just passed some new rules designed to encourage the use of food trucks, notes the U-T San Diego newspaper.
- When do work shifts really end? A case before the U.S. Supreme Court will supposedly figure that out, according to the Washington Post newspaper.
- All of those aluminum F-150 pickups may have something to do with Alcoa beating its earnings estimates, though that’s not the reason cited by Reuters.
- A former “Baywatch” star turns in her swimsuit to drive an ice cream truck, reports US magazine.
- The Hess Toy Trucks museum is going mobile, according to WFMZ Allentown.
- The floor-mats the come with the new Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon mid-size pickups are being recalled, notes the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
- The most recent analysis of Cass freight data contains fortuitous signs for the U.S. economy, according to Logistics Management.