With an unemployment rate of 12.1%, the nation’s veterans are a good source for trucking company recruiting efforts, according the Truckload Carriers Assn. TCA is holding a webinar on June 28 from noon to 1:30 p.m. EST to offer practical tips on how to fill driver and diesel technician positions with men and women who served in the armed services.
The panel of military, recruiting, and trucking professionals — moderated by former Marine and TCA President Chris Burruss — will also discuss how to retain new hires from the military.
The webinar will cover topics such as:
- Branding your company on military career sites
- Proactively searching for military candidates
- Working with Marine bases to find qualified drivers and diesel technicians
- Problems veterans have finding employment
- Resources available for reaching Air Force veterans
- Practical examples from a carrier's recruiting program
- Moderator: Chris Burruss, President, TCA
- Panelist: Tatiana G. Credidio, TAMP/FMEAP Specialist, Marine & Family Services, Henderson Hall Marine Base
- Panelist: Christopher H. Fierro, Director of Recruiting & Retention, R.C. Moore, Inc.
- Panelist: David Hirsh, Vice President, Transition Assistance Online
- Panelist: Chris Lowry, Directorate of Personnel Services, Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph Air Force Base
Registration for TCA members is $169 for access to the live event and $248 for access to the live event on June 28 and the recorded program for one year. Fees for non-members are $219 for the live event only and $328 for access to the live event on June 28 and the recorded program for one year.