Here is a look at what is happening today in the world of trucking:
- DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx wants to develop a long-term transportation plan for the U.S., notes Politico.
- The Hill newspaper reports on a spate of new regulations affecting, among others, truck drivers.
- No more diesel trucks for Budweiser, reports Forbes, for the brewer is switching to natural gas to fuel its transportation needs.
- This Alabama county is being dubbed a “mecca” for trucking jobs, according to the Cullman Times.
- The JOC.com notes that hiring in the trucking industry slowed in August alongside a similar downshift in job creation for the U.S. as well.
- The hacking of Home Depot’s repository of credit card data may be the biggest such cybercrime ever, according to ABC News.
- BBC News reports that scientists say greenhouse gas emissions are rising faster than ever, yet global temperature levels aren’t budging much.