The Truckload Carriers Assn. (TCA) will be accepting applications until 5 p.m. ET on Friday, June 15, 2012, for its annual scholarship program.
The application can be completed at www.truckload.org/Scholarships.
“I am very pleased to announce the launch of this year’s online scholarship application,” said Tom McLeod, chairman of the TCA Scholarship Fund and president of McLeod Software of Birmingham, Ala. “It offers applicants a convenient way to apply for one of the many scholarships offered to family members connected to TCA member companies. The number of applicants has been on the rise recently and we expect that trend to continue this year.”
To be eligible for consideration, each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be in good academic standing
- Be attending an accredited four-year college or university as a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior for 2012-13
- Be the child, grandchild, or spouse of an employee or an employee of a TCA member
- Be the child, grandchild, or spouse of an independent contractor or an independent contractor affiliated with a TCA member
- Show financial need
- Show scholastic achievement
- Maintain full-time student status
- Exhibit high character and integrity
Scholarships for the 2012-13 academic year will range in size from $2,000 to $6,000 and will be awarded in two segments.