Transplace announced that it officially launched its supply chain consulting practice. Transplace Supply Chain Consulting brings to customers supply chain professionals with “deep functional expertise in transportation and logistics, focused on improving end-to-end supply chain performance,” the company said.
"We are thrilled to launch this exciting new strategic business unit offering an industry-leading logistics consulting, analytics and market intelligence practice,” said Brooks Bentz, president of supply chain consulting. “The movement of information and financial resources is as critical in the supply chain as the movement of product, and Transplace Supply Chain Consulting works with clients in developing an integrated suite of solutions and processes for optimizing their supply chain networks.”
Transplace Supply Chain Consulting includes the following service capabilities:
• Supply Chain Optimization: Developing an end-to-end, integrated solution across the entire transportation strategy.
• Transportation Optimization: Transplace Supply Chain Consulting provides analytics, process redesign, methodology, tools and technology for optimizing complex transportation networks to improve supply chain performance.
• Sourcing and Procurement: Assessing current sourcing practices and procurement processes across all categories of indirect spend and then executing work to optimize controlled spend, perform category management and build capabilities for continuous improvement.
• Asset Management: Envisioning, designing and blueprinting solutions to utilize asset capacity, as well as optimizing the use of those assets in transporting and delivering product. And improving asset utilization, particularly in specialized fleets such as dedicated contract carriage, electric, gas and water utility fleets.
• Business Intelligence and Analytics: Providing the BI and analytics to manage and monitor supply chain performance and analyze operational and service issues, as well as monitoring compliance and adherence to operating plans and budgets.
• Enabling Technology: Determining the optimal network design, as well as the supporting technology stack, to enable and improve operational execution, visibility and compliance.
“Since its inception, Transplace has been committed to providing customers with superior logistics technology and services in order to optimize their supply chain performance,” said Tom Sanderson, CEO. “The launch of Transplace’s supply chain consulting practice is a natural extension of our offerings by further giving companies access to the comprehensive solutions and first-rate specialists they need to drive operational excellence across their entire supply chain.”
Bentz added: “Optimizing a supply chain requires an end-to-end, integrated, unified system of technology, processes and people. Transplace brings tools and processes rooted in hands-on operations and deep functional experience to enable smarter decisions faster and improve the customer experience. We look forward to applying our extensive expertise to help our clients develop optimal supply chain performance.”