Here are five things worth knowing today:
- Taxes are getting in the way of passing a highway bill, says The Hill. The debate over raising taxes could derail proposed bills and lead to a shutdown of highway programs, the new org said.
- The public has been raving about the 2015 Ford F-150, but what does Consumer Reports think? The respected publication weighs in.
- Refrigeration makers are researching how liquid nitrogen and cryogenic systems might improve the transport of refrigerated and frozen goods, says TakePart.com.
- The Detroit News looks at what changes the industry might face if driverless trucks become a reality.
- State agencies are pressing members of Congress to pass a long-term highway bill, says a report by AASHTO. They also told lawmakers that states need flexibility with regulations and permitting to get projects completed.