Featuring a revolving lineup of well-known industry figures, IdeaXchange is designed to open valuable discussions between experts in many different areas of the industry and fleet executives and managers.
Each expert on the new site will be posting short but insightful opinions, comments, questions and advice intended to help members of Fleet Owner’s trucking audience to grow their businesses and build their careers. Users can then continue the conversation via IdeaXchange comments and direct responses from the individual experts.
Inaugural experts for IdeaXchange include:
- the founder of a major truck fleet
- a fleet-management consultant and former chairman of The Maintenance Council
- a leader in truck-efficiency technology
- an electrical engineer from MIT with years of experience in truck technology
- an investment banker specializing in trucking mergers & acquisitions
- a promoter of green freight initiatives with the Environmental Defense Fund
- a thought-leader in telematics and fleet-management technologies
- the founder and CEO of a major trucking nonprofit organization…
- a journalist who has as many strong opinions as he has years of experience in covering trucking and transportation.
“Our goal with IdeaXchange is to create a venue where everyone can easily exchange their expertise and experiences to the benefit of the entire trucking community,” said Jim Mele, editor-in-chief of FleetOwner.
“As in any worthwhile conversation, there will be some things you agree with and some that you don’t,” Mele added. “But it’ll never be dull and it will always be worth your time.”