Fuel purchasing expert, Scott Berhang, director of client relations and education for Oil Price Information Service (OPIS), will share the company’s seven steps to being a smarter fuel buyer in a free webcast on Thursday, August 8 at 2:00 p.m. EDT. For fleet purchasing managers determined to make sure their company stays firmly in charge of the entire fuel buying process, this is an opportunity to learn directly from the world's most comprehensive source for petroleum pricing information and news.
OPIS provides real-time and historical spot, wholesale/rack and retail fuel prices for the refined products, renewable fuels, natural gas and gas liquids industries. The company also delivers news and analysis on the upstream, midstream and downstream oil markets.
Berhang himself has been in the oil industry for 32 years. His background includes all forms of downstream price discovery – both at the rack and at the bulk /spot level. Berhang travels around the country teaching “Winning Fuel Buying Strategies,” a course developed to teach fuel buyers the basics of buying physical fuel.
During the webcast, Berhang will cover how to:
- Understand the local markets where your fuel comes from
- Understand the fuel specs for your area
- Understand and update your fuel purchase contract
- Deploy the right tools to manage fuel purchases
- Understand the “influence chain” in order to buy smarter
- Get the news you need in time to act
- Review and re-evaluate your fuel purchase program