According to GreenRoad, its GreenRoad 360 customers already see up to a 10% improvement in fuel economy and with a new idling performance solution from the company, those same customers could see an additional 2 to 5% improvement.
The new idling-management capability identifies specific drivers, vehicles or trips that negatively impact fuel performance, the company said, automatically identifying idling activities that are exceptions to company policy based on pre-set thresholds.
GreenRoad also said the solution uses sophisticated filtering to identify idling that occurs at traffic lights and stop signs.
“GreenRoad is able to provide managers and drivers with complete control over idling, eliminating the cost and environmental impact incurred by this manageable driving behavior,” said Dan Steere, CEO of GreenRoad.
Among the features of the solution per GreenRoad:
- Eliminates the need for manual effort or data download procedures.
- Minimizes the time and effort required to assess and sustain improvements in idling performance.
- Requires no additional hardware, ECM integration.
- Has no impact on vehicle warranty or sub-systems.
- Identifies vehicles with weak batteries or electrical system issues.
- GPS Mapping component allows managers to see where idling is most prevalent.
GreenRoad is compatible with all vehicle years, makes and models and does not require ECM integration or an ignition sensor up-fit, the company noted.
It offers information in real-time as well as weekly emailed updates, and at-a-glance exception reports for the entire fleet, or broken down by specific drivers, vehicles, or trips, GreenRoad added.