* Lawrence E. Dewey has been named president of Allison Transmission.
* Robert A. Hirsh has been appointed president of the Truckload Carriers Assn.
* Ryder System has named Glen Scoville to the position of director of customer logistics.
* Richard Giromini was appointed senior vp-technology at Accuride Corp.
* PNV has named Jeffrey T. Hendrickson exec. vp and COO.
* Qualcomm has named George Dunn vp and general manager, U.S. and Canadian operations for Qualcomm Wireless Business Solutions.
* Horton has appointed Kevin Vick director of field sales.
* Mark Woodka has been promoted to senior vp-e-business development at TMW Systems. Ron Wagner was promoted to vp-sales.
* Associates First Capital has named Robert C. Miramonti president of its Transportation Finance Group; James W. Jacobs will succeed him as president of the Equipment Finance Group.
* Tom Spencer has been elected chairman of the board of the Truck Trailer Manufacturers Assn.
* Mark Merfeld has been named vp-marketing, strategic planning and quality at Ruan Transportation Management Systems.
* Alcoa Wheel Products International has named Merrick E. Murphy Jr. market manager of e-Commerce and Accessories.
* Mack Trucks has announced that Harold W. Wiegel has been promoted to the position of senior vp-customer satisfaction; Mark T. McLaughlin is appointed vp of the Mack Institute.
* Welborn Transport announced that Steven S. Rumsey has rejoined the company as CEO after a year-long assignment at parent company Boyd Bros. Transportation.