Fleets * The Celadon Group has appointed Ronald S. Roman senior exec. vp and chief operating officer.
* The Equipment Maintenance Council presented the 1997 Silver Wrench Award to Allen Straus, equipment services superintendent with the City of Waco. Joe Hillman of Delco Remy America received the Richard Hawkins Outstanding Associate Award.
* Thomas T. O'Donohoe has been named manager of business operations and marketing for Redwood Systems, a subsidiary of Consolidated Freightways.
* Marvin Sexton was elected chairman of the board of National Tank Truck Carriers Inc.
Suppliers * Jon Wyman has been named director, business class and vocational sales at Freightliner Corp. Martin Osborne has been named medium-duty sales manager, used truck division, Freightliner Market Development Corp.
* Mack Trucks Inc. announced the promotion of George H. Pavin to vp of the company's central region.
* Rockwell Automotive has named Walter E. Frankiewicz general manager of its Worldwide Braking Systems business.
* Henry T. Skipper III has been promoted to the position of senior vp-sales and marketing at Great Dane Trailers.
* Derek Nagle has been named president of Fruehauf Trailer Services Inc. Dean Cervenka has been promoted to vp-sales for Wabash National Corp.
* John Rozko has been promoted to marketing manager of Kumho Tire U.S.A.
* Federal-Mogul has named James J. Zamoyski to vp-strategic planning.
* Bill Hubbard has been named national field sales manager for Eaton Vorad Technologies.
* Jack W. Gabel has been appointed national fleet account manager for Gunite Corp.
* Tim Corcoran has been promoted to general manager, aftermarket operations for ZF Industries.
* David Townsend will operate as president and CEO of Fleetpride; Thomas Dimauro is named vp-sales and marketing. Heading two operational divisions are Kevin Parziale, vp in charge of Fleetpride Service Centers and Michael Franceschelli, vp in charge of Alco Heavy Duty Parts.
* Nissan Diesel America has promoted Larry Schultz to vp of parts and service, Dave Dare to director of service operations, and Ed Fischer to senior district manager.