Suppliers * Mack Trucks has named Roger W. Johnston general manager of its Hagerstown, Md., powertrain operations.
* Grote Industries has appointed Charles R. Kasper as its new vp-sales and marketing.
* Jack Hyland has been named southwest region manager for the Spinner II Products Div. of T.F. Hudgins.
Qualcomm has appointed David Brandos vp-marketing for Qualcomm Wireless Business Solutions (QWBS).
Mike Brown has been promoted to the position of director of field marketing for Accuride.
* Vincent Hartnett has been named president of Penske Logistics, a subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. Greg Humes becomes president, Global Automotive Logistics Div.; Terry Miller has been promoted to exec. vp-operations.
Comdata has appointed Bob Sneed senior vp and general manager of the company's Carrollton, Tex.-based legalization services business unit.
James D. Cote, General Motors Corp., has been elected chairman of the Truck Manufacturers Assn. board of directors for 1999.
David K. Newbigging has been elected to Paccar's board of directors effective April 27.
* Peterbilt Motors honored Johnny Walker, a sales rep from Valley Peterbilt, as the company's 1998 ExSELLence Competition winner.
* Thomas W. Cook, president of Gunite, was elected chairman of the Heavy Duty Manufacturers Assn. * Fontaine Trailer has appointed William B. Young as dealer sales manager.
Fleets * Edward P. Moritz has been promoted to vp-marketing for Con-Way Transportation Services; Joseph C. DeLuca becomes director of marketing communications.
* Bob Goldberg has been named chief operating officer of the Celadon Group. * National Van Lines has named Randal J. Detert vp-sales and agency development.
* Fletcher R. Hall has been named executive director of the ATA's Agricultural Transporters Conference.
* Jevic Transportation has appointed Edward J. Burns account manager.