Goodyear has begun accepting applications for its 24th annual North American Highway Hero awards program.
“The Highway Hero program is for those who selflessly risk life and limb to come to the aid of fellow motorists,” said Steve McClellen, vp for Goodyear commercial tire systems.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must be a full-time truck driver
- Nominee must be a resident of the U.S. or Canada
- Incident recognized must have occurred in the U.S. or Canada
- Nominee must have been on the way to or from work
- Nominee’s truck at the time of the incident must have 14 wheels or more
- Incident must have taken place between Nov. 16, 2005 and Nov. 15, 2006
Nominations will be accepted until Nov. 30, 2006.
For more information call the Goodyear Highway Hero Hotline at 330-796-8183 or go to www.goodyear.com/truck/whatsnew/heroes.html