There are several road projects in the works that will cause traffic delays in the Quad City Iowa area, according to the Quad City Times and the Iowa DOT.
• Iowa 92 will be reduced to one lane on the Mississippi River bridge at Muscatine, IA, from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. weekdays. A pilot car will assist drivers through the work zone.
• Lane closures are planned from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Aug, 3 on the Centennial Bridge between Rock Island and Davenport.
• Work on Iowa 64 from the east junction with Iowa 136 east to Monmouth is restricting traffic to one lane from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. weekdays and Saturdays through late August. When work is being performed, flaggers and pilot cars will be used to assist traffic through the work zone.
• Work on U.S. 52 from Sabula northwesterly to near Bellevue is restricting traffic to one lane from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. weekdays and Saturdays through late August. When work is being performed, flaggers and pilot cars will be used to assist traffic through the work zone.
• Construction work is causing intermittent lane closures on east- and westbound Interstate 80 between the Middle Road and LeClaire exits. Intermittent closures will occur from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and 9 a.m. to noon Fridays through late September.
• Drivers who use the Iowa-bound span of the Interstate 74 bridge between Moline and Bettendorf can expect delays. Construction crews have closed the Iowa-bound left lane of the I-74 bridge. Drivers will merge right and should be prepared for delays in the work zones, the Iowa Dept. of Transportation said.
• Pavement replacement, bridge reconstruction and widening has begun on the 53rd Street and Interstate 74 interchange in Davenport. Construction work requires intermittent lane closures on 53rd Street. There will be one open lane in each direction at all times. An 11-ft. wide lane restriction will be in place when workers are present. I-74 will be reduced to one lane in both directions at 53rd Street with a 12-ft. wide lane restriction. The project is expected to be completed by late December, 2012.
• Beginning Aug. 1 and continuing through Sept. 2, Illinois 84 will be closed from 4th to 5th streets in Carbon Cliff, Ill.
• Road construction work will require closing the entrance ramp to northbound Interstate 280 at Kimberly Road in Davenport beginning Aug. 1. Drivers should take Kimberly Road to southbound I-280, then take the Locust Street exit and then return to I-280. This ramp closure is expected to be completed by mid-August.