LOUISVILLE. Thermo King Corp., a business unit of Ingersoll-Rand Company Ltd, unveiled its new line of temperature control units for straight trucks here at the Mid-America Trucking Show. Called the T-Series, the new units, which will begin shipping in August, are intended to replace Thermo King’s current products for this market.
The nine new products include the T-500R, T-600R, T-800R and T-100R with reciprocating compressors and the T-600, T-800, T-1000 and T-800 Spectrum multi-temperature and T-1000 Spectrum multi-temperature with the company’s new scroll technology.
According to Tim Ryan, product director for Thermo King, the new straight truck units incorporate a number of design enhancements, including:
- A honeycomb-style grill for improved air flow and reduced noise
- An all-symbols interface with TSR-2 in-cab controller to help ensure that drivers are able to set the correct parameters for every load, regardless of the language the driver speaks
- Stationary or the optional Hybrid SmartPower electric operation for fuel savings and zero emissions operation when export power is available on the truck or from a shore power source
- Quieter operation with the enhanced “Whisper” technology that reduces in-cab noise by up to 87% (with SmartPower)
- Up to ten percent better fuel economy
- A new generation of scroll compressors designed for higher capacity, greater fuel efficiency, and greater reliability (Reciprocating compressors are also still available)
- Aerodynamic, new thermo plastic recyclable Geloy injected molded skin with in-mold color
- Liquid fill level alerts
- Extended maintenance intervals
The first products will be shipped out of the company’s Hastings, NE plant. T-Series units will also be produced in Ireland and China.
Thermo King also announced that its TriPac Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) will be available as a factory-installed option for the Freightliner Cascadia models with DD15 and Series 60 engines, as well as on the Freightliner Century Class S/T, Columbia and Coronado models with Series 60 engines.
The company also chose the truck show venue to introduce its enhanced Thermo Gard Platinum Guaranteed Maintenance Program, which now includes four different levels of service and protection. Later in the year, Thermo King intends to introduce a cellular telematics package in addition to the satellite-based telematics system currently available.