ALK Technologies, Inc. has released updated Unix and new Linux versions of its PC*Miller 18 software. These new offerings feature an expanded database and other improvements.
PC*Miller Unix and Linux features include:
- nationwide Canadian truck-specific street-level data (Add-On Module)
- state Weigh Stations as routable points to plan stops more effectively
- Mexico State abbreviations
- route Optimization capabilities enhanced to enable resequencing an unlimited number of stops for more efficient route planning
- U.S. Department of Defense and General Services Administration Compliance to generate distances for approved freight rating and billing
- Driving directions and state/country mileage summaries now include road clearance warnings and other restrictions
“Users will benefit from the enhancements made to significantly improve the performance and compatibility of all PC*Miler solutions,” said Kara Jo Witkowski, product manager, PC*Miler Business Solutions.