Caterpillar has announced the retirement of two of its officers, along with the appointment of two new group presidents, one change in vice presidential responsibility and three new vice presidents.
- Vito H. Baumgartner, group president with responsibility for the company's Building Construction Products Division, EAME Marketing Division, EAME Product Development & Operations Division, and the European Shared Services Division, will retire effective January 31, 2004.
- Vice President Sherril K. West completes a 30-year Caterpillar career, most recently having served as head of Caterpillar's Technical Services Division.
- Gerard Vittecoq has been named group president, replacing the retiring Baumgartner. Vittecoq currently is a vice president with administrative responsibility for the EAME Operations Division, including Caterpillar Belgium S.A., Caterpillar France S.A., Global Paving, and European Fabrications & Work Tools.
- Steven H. Wunning has been named group president, filling the position vacated by James W. Owens, who was just promoted to vice chairman. Wunning, who joined the company in 1973, is a vice president of Caterpillar Inc., and chairman and president of Caterpillar Logistics Services, Inc.
- Michael J. Baunton, currently vice president in charge of Caterpillar's Compact Power Systems Division and president of Perkins Engines Company Limited, will assume responsibilities now assigned to Vittecoq. Baunton oversees Perkins Engines and FG Wilson products, including manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom and Brazil.
- The Board elected Mary H. Bell vice president to replace Wunning at Cat Logistics. She currently is manager of Caterpillar Distribution Services, a division of Cat Logistics.
- Hans A. Haefeli was elected vice president with responsibility for the Compact Power Systems Division to replace Baunton. Haefeli is currently general manager for the Building Construction Products Division, based in Cary, N.C.
- Mark R. Pflederer was elected vice president with responsibility for Caterpillar's Technical Services Division, following West's retirement. Pflederer is currently general manager of Electronic & Electrical Systems within the Component Products & Control Systems Division.
All of the new appointments will be effective January 1, 2004.