ChevronTexaco Global Lubricants has introduced a new line of heavy-duty greases, Startak Red EP, which are versatile, multipurpose, extreme pressure greases recommended for use in the lubrication of trucks, tractors, heavy equipment and industrial equipment experiencing severe services, company officials said.
Typical applications include mining and construction equipment, marine and oil field applications, paper and forest products equipment and quarrying activities, especially when operating in wet, muddy or dusty conditions.
Startak Red EP greases are available in two grades:
- NLGI 1 for better pumpability and lower ambient temperatures
- NLGI 2 for use in normal ambient temperatures
Texaco Startak Red EP grease benefits include:
- Excellent water resistance
- Excellent rust and corrosion protection
- Strong protection against shock loading
- High load-carrying capacity
- Severe service lubrication
NLGI 2 Startak Red EP grease is now available throughout the Central and Eastern United States in 400 pound drums, 120 pound quarter drums, 35 pound pails and cartridges. NLGI 1 Startak Red EP grease will be introduced in early 2004.