Nominations for the 20th Annual Goodyear North AmericaHighway Hero awards program are being accepted until December 31.
“The Highway Hero program recognizes professional truck drivers and the lifesaving rescues and roadside assistance they provide as their jobs take them across North America,” said Ted Fick, Goodyear’s vp — commercial systems.
For consideration, nominations must meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must be a full-time truck driver
- Nominee must reside in the U.S. or Canada
- The incident must have occurred in the U.S. or Canada
- Nominee must be in a rig at the time of the incident
- Nominee must be on the job, or on the way to or from work
- At the time of the incident, the nominee's truck must have 14 wheels or more
- The incident must have occurred between October 1, 2001 and December 15, 2002 to qualify for this year's program.