The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has levied fines on 12 interstate moving companies for multiple violations of Federal Motor Carrier Commercial Regulations.
The firms cited and the civil penalties assessed are:
- A. Professional Movers, Inc. of South Hackensack, NJ: $14,300
- Air 1 Moving & Storage, Inc. of North Hollywood, CA: $6,800
- All Points Van Lines, Inc. of Sun Valley, CA: $6,600
- All Victory Van Lines, Inc. of Woodland Hills, CA: $4,700
- American Moving Services of Hollywood, FL: $4,400
- Coast to Coast Transportation of Pembroke Park, FL: $6,400
- Focus Van Lines Inc. of Dallas, TX: $9,400
- Prestige Moving and Storage Corporation of West New York, NJ: $18,800
- Smooth Move Moving and Storage, Inc. of Jessup, MD: $7,200
- Trans American Van Lines of Miami, FL: $9,400
- U-Save on Moving, Inc. of Woodland Hills, CA: $6,500
- Victory Moving & Storage, Inc. of Brooklyn, NY: $18,100
Common violations included failure to have the appropriate operating authority for the service provided and failure to prepare written estimates of charges. In addition, U-Save on Moving, Inc., A Professional Movers, Inc., and Victory Moving & Storage, Inc. were cited for failing to relinquish a shipment of household goods to consumers after the payment of the required maximum 110% of the original estimate.
For more information go to www.fmcsa.dot.gov.