The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration will host a forum discussing the agency’s safety and security research, technology and analysis related to its effect on safety. The forum will be held Jan. 22 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. in conjunction with the Transportation Research Board’s annual meeting.
Topics will include:
- fatigue management in transportation
- update on FMCSA hazmat activities
- accomplishments in medical qualification, driver health, and medical reporting initiatives
- latest results from Large Truck Crash Causation Study
- public response to the agency’s Request for Information for its Wireless Inspection program
- field operation test results on lane departure warning systems and deployment of on-board safety systems
- update on FMCSA Crash Database
The FMCSA R&A Forum is open to all interested parties at no cost and does not require registration for the TRB Annual Meeting. To register for the TRB Annual Meeting, go to www.trb.org/meeting/.
If you are interested in attending the R&A Forum, reply to [email protected] with your name, title, organization, address, phone and fax numbers, and email address. FMCSA will reply with a confirmation notice.