In honor of the upcoming National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (Aug. 21-27), Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is urging the industry to nominate a driver for the company’s Highway Hero program. The annual Highway Hero awards recognize professional drivers who place themselves in harm’s way to save someone else.
“What better way to celebrate America’s truck drivers than to nominate one for the trucking industry’s most prestigious award for heroism?” said Steve McClellan, Goodyear vp—commercial tire systems.
All nominations must meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must be a full-time truck driver and reside in the United States or Canada;
- The incident must have occurred in the United States or Canada;
- Nominee must be on the job or on the way to or from work, and in his/her rig at the time of the incident;
- Nominee’s truck at the time of the incident must have 14 wheels or more;
- Nominations must be received by Nov. 30, 2005;
- Incident must have occurred between Nov. 16, 2004, and Nov. 15, 2005, to qualify for this year’s program.
For more information, call the Highway Hero hotline at 330-796-8183 or go to www.goodyear.com/truck/whatsnew/heroes.html.