Mitsubishi Fuso untouched by DaimlerChrysler sell-off

Mitsubishi Fuso untouched by DaimlerChrysler sell-off

According to Mitsubishi Fuso Truck of America Inc. (MFTA), DaimlerChrysler’s divesture of its remaining stake in Mitsubishi Motors Corp. has no effect on its operations, or its parent, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corp

According to Mitsubishi Fuso Truck of America Inc. (MFTA), DaimlerChrysler’s divesture of its remaining stake in Mitsubishi Motors Corp. has no effect on its operations, or its parent, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corp.

MFTA’s parent, Japan-based Mitsubishi Fuso, is an independent firm from the ailing automobile company sharing the Mitsubishi name. DaimlerChrysler owns an 85% stake in Mitsubishi Fuso, with the remaining 15% owned by various Mitsubishi companies.

In fact, DaimlerChrysler is preparing to align the Japanese commercial truck brand with its Freightliner truck group. In 2006, Sterling Trucks, a brand under the Freightliner LLC umbrella, will offer a new low-cab-over-engine truck developed in partnership with Mitsubishi Fuso.

See Sterling gets Mitsubishi Fuso truck.

DaimlerChrysler sold its remaining share of Mitsubishi Motors to Goldman Sachs, giving the investment firm a 13.4% stake in the automaker, The New York Times reported. Current cooperative projects between DaimlerChrysler and Mitsubishi Motors will continue as agreed upon, including the joint development and production of engines, the shared use of vehicle architecture and the joint production of passenger cars, SUVs, and pickup trucks.

For more information, go to www.daimlerchrysler.com

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish